CA104 is wrought high strength aluminium bronze, the commonly most used bronze in the market in the UK. Used for its high strength and excellent corrosion resistance to sea water and other aggressive environments aluminium bronze BS2874 CA104 has good wear and abrasive resistance the ability to withstand shock loading.
• Aluminium is the main alloying metal added to copper in contrast to standard bronze (copper/tin)
• Higher strength and corrosion resistance compared to other bronzes
• Resistance to corrosion in seawater
• Material reacts with atmospheric oxygen to create a tough layer of aluminium oxide
• Commonly used in the marine sector, oil and petrochemical industries (non sparking environments)
• Used in the manufacture of valves and fasteners
Download our current material list