This is a nickel aluminium bronze similar to CA104 but manufactured to the requirements of the Ministry of Defence. The MOD stipulate a nickel content that exceeds the iron content to improve the general corrosion performance.
Other requirements include a minimum impact value on sizes above 15mm diameter and a full ultrasonic inspection to conform to Grade 1 material.
This grade has primarily been developed for offshore and marine applications and offers a high strength, an excellent corrosion resistance in seawater and other aggressive media and a high wear and abrasion resistance.
• Aluminium is the main alloying metal added to copper in contrast to standard bronze (copper/tin)
• Higher strength and corrosion resistance compared to other bronzes
• Resistance to corrosion in seawater
• Material reacts with atmospheric oxygen to create a tough layer of aluminium oxide
• Commonly used in the marine sector, oil and petrochemical industries (non sparking environments)
• Used in the manufacture of valves and fasteners
Download our current material list